Monday, April 26, 2010
Traveling.
On the way back from Waterford and our last stop at the Kennedy's Homestead, I was thinking about this past weekend and just this whole trip in general. We have certainly seen a lot; from Dublin to the West of Ireland even to London and Paris. It made me think of all that we've been reading but mostly Joyce. I am unfamiliar with much of what we've read thus far in class but now that I am becoming more familiar with this literature and the authors, it made me think (as I began rereading the Dubliners on the bus) about how Joyce never returned back to Ireland once he had left. He longed to travel too...and not only that but reading some of his literature kind of gives you a quick escape into his view on his homeland; "An Encounter" sticks out the most in my head. These readings and our experiences are certainly giving me things to ponder.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment