Wednesday, March 31, 2010
Food.
I know this is slightly off topic with regard to this relating to our class...but I just have to write about something: food. The food in Ireland has been brilliant. The majority of students discovered a little place called Jitterbeans the first week of being here; this is a Godsend. Fresh coffee on the go, incredible paninis, and oh my goodness their berry scones. In fact, I just purchased a berry scone to indulge in later on in class on my walk home from the library. It just seems all of the food here is so fresh! Even all of the bread we buy at the market; we all had to get used to how quick it all gets moldy! And let me also point out that I am living in a hotel. I am now realizing that I am beginning to know everyone on staff and no longer need a menu anytime I enter the bar for a meal; I am not embarrassed. In fact it excites me because it takes me back to my childhood when my younger brother and I watched "Dunston Checks In." I know this post may be silly...but none the less it is something I simply could not let go unnoticed. Ok and it's not just the food before I end this post...every cup of coffee whether it is 'to go' or sipping it while reading along the Key, it is all delicious. I think I have found what I long to do in life...I want to be a food critic.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment