Thursday, May 6, 2010
Our last class...
Well the end is approaching quite fast and I am sad to report we had our last class Wednesday night. Fortunately though I found it to be one of the most enjoyable classes yet. Joe had requested one of the instructors he works with as well as some of the students to come in and play some of their instruments and show us some traditional dancing; those girls were truly incredible! I know we have experienced some live music in some of the pubs and of course have had our dancing with the older folks on Tuesday, but these girls were incredible! They are so multi-talented! Not to mention, we learn about how it is Irish culture how it would not be abnormal for these dances and whatnot to take place in the home a while back and for what we learned to be the number one form of entertainment; that would have been so much fun! Even the video Joe had showed us, it truly tugged at my heartstrings and really made me love even more the culture of Ireland. Those classes really did provide us with some incredible information; and I must say it made me more and more excited with each class to have so many roots and ties to this country. I really have found my appreciation and take so much pride in being Irish; being a part of these Wednesday night classes and meeting my family, etc...have all truly changed something in me and have really made an impact.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment