
So I'm sitting here going over some of the writings we have covered and I realized I have yet to really discuss our trip to the West! Now I know many others have posted about this trip, and unfortunately I again am unable to put up any photographs, but this truly was one of my favorite locations we have visited as a group. The Burren came up in conversation when I was skyping with my family the other night because where my family goes to vacation Up North every summer off of Michigan, on the north side of the Island we're on there is a very similar landscape. It is famous because there are only a few places on the earth that the limestone and rock cover the ground like it does in the Burren as well. The picture of the Alvar is what is located on Drummond Island.
Driving through the Burren, seeing the cliffs (even with the immense fog), visiting the tomb that is again, mind-boggling, and setting the scene for so many of the pieces of work we study was something special. I know I will be back to visit that country again, especially the Burren! Next time hopefully with some equipment to rock-climb!
Gosh and I can't forget that when visiting my family in Dublin this past weekend they introduced me to the oh so famous Irish television program "Father Ted." These films all take place on the Aran Islands and in the West; unbelievably funny...
I truly consider myself one of the luckiest girls being able to have seen all that we have on this trip...

No comments:
Post a Comment